Sunday, October 11, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
I am so happy it is Friday!!!
And...here we go!
- I have a history of procrastinating about everything!
- How to stay on a plan to lose weight is something I wish I knew.
- I'm eating (or recently ate) Lemon Lime Splash cake crumbled into some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream…YUM!
- There are only 7 MORE SLEEPS and I am on the road…[to my 8 day Artful Voyage in Mexico cruise with Tim Holtz!]
- So that's it, that's all I needed to do...do the doggone thing.
- I have NEVER believed, where men are concerned, that something is better than nothing!
- And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to talking to the new man in my life, tomorrow my plans include finishing my packing for the cruise and finishing my piece for the ADO September Challenge - Clowns and Sunday, I want to spend some time with my boo!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
And...here we go!
1. My car is so lonely sitting in the driveway...we have no where to go.
2. The Artful Voyage in Mexico (cruise) is coming up next.
3. Lately, things seem hopeful.
4. In my brain is one of my favorite 'hiding' places...sometimes I hide things there and noone (including) me can ever find them.
5. What happened to the good times?
6. Finding the man of my dreams is not impossible!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hiding in my room, tomorrow my plans include dinner with a friend or hiding in my room and Sunday, I want to go to church instead of hide in my room!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
And...here we go!
1. That's a promising to be.
2. Hey! Man of my dreams, I'm over here!
3. The possibilities include: growing old with the bestest man friend I ever had.
4. Homemade chili with rice and cornbread is one of my favorite cool day recipes.
5. How will you know when you find the man of your dreams?
6. Things that make me melancholy are a rainy day and a stormy sky.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing with my nephew, tomorrow my plans include playing with my nephew and Sunday, I want to finish my homework and turn it in before midnight so I won't have to take this class again!!!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Find more photos like this on ADO art dolls only
I have tried a few different body techniques...I think the wrapped armature is my favorite.
TIP: I wrapped with pantyhose from the 99 cent store and padded here and there with batting. See my previous blog on the Doll magazine.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
"Birds Attack" is made from apoxie sculpt with a wire armature, birds also made from apoxie sculpt. Wings are made from some delightful wire mesh gifted to me by my sister-in-law Sherry of GotArt! I used mohair for his scary hair-do. His shroud is made from dyed cheesecloth.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
She also has an ouchie on her elbow I have sanded down so that I can fix.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
I decided that I would make my granddaughter a button bracelet...quick, easy, cute. So I googled "buttons". I identified a vendor that was within driving distance and decided to give them a call first...
Ring...Hello, Benno's Buttons...Hello, I located your store on the internet...do you carry buttons...yes we do...do you have a good supply of buttons...yes we do. (Nothing is worse than driving to somewhere and being disappointed with what the vendor has to offer.)
DOES BENNO'S BUTTONS HAVE BUTTONS? Uh...yea...and trims!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
However, I have managed to do some fun things...I just get tired easily. Here is a quick summary!
Visit to DE: I spent 6 days in Dover, DE visiting my son and his wife. I had a wonderful time! First he took me to PHL for a real Philly cheese steak sandwich...with whip....yummy! On Saturday we drove over to Ocean City beach...that was a blast. Check out my tattoo...lol...it's henna (OK maybe I was having a little too much fun). I also had yummy funnel cake and some ranger fries smothered with apple cider vinegar...yum-my!!! Here are some pics...
Sister's Birthday: Well it has come and gone. She is 58. I called her on her birthday to tell her Happy Birthday, of course, and to tell her that her birthday present was NOT in the mail. She laughed...again I'm stuck with the costuming! I know she will love it when she receives it.
Artful Voyage in Mexico: Sherry (GotArt!) and I have booked ourselves in a balcony cabin (we deserve it) on the Tim Holtz 8 day Artful Voyage in Mexico cruise. The cruise is scheduled for October...yippee!!!
Well that's enough for today. I will tell you about my "button adventure" in my next blog.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
What a day!!! The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, gone in a heartbeat! We are reminded, once again, that tomorrow is not promised.
"Lord, I lift up the family of Michael Jackson and all the millions of fans that are saddened today by his passing. I ask You to give them peace and direction during this difficult time. Lord, we thank you, for Michael is finally at peace in your arms! In the wonderful and powerful name of Jesus, who is able to dry EVERY tear! Amen."
Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go
And leave my world so cold
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart...
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
There is NO question that I have blogged myself into the company of a very privileged domain...the domain of the artist...ROYALTY indeed. And as such, I find the Queen's English far more appropriate to this auspicious occasion. Don't you think, my good fellow?
It seems that Sherry, over at Got Art?, a fine blog establishment, has deemed me laudable. To that end, Sherry has bestowed upon me the award "You're the Queen".
You see, the "You're the Queen" award originated over at Cassandra's blog - My Artful Adventures. You can click here to find out more about the award (and the giveaway you missed while I was on the mend). I appreciate this award a great deal, Sherry. I would blush, but it is not a very queenly thing to do, you see.
So, in turn, I would also like to bestow this award on one of my favorite blog royalty.
- Sheryl Parsons of Mother's Dream Artworks
What the heck! In addition, I bestow on EVERYONE reading this blog today a uninterrupted creative day! Let them eat cake! (I just HAD to say it!)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sue creates the most WONDERFUL dolls! Precious little Azlyn (#2 from Sue's kindred series) pictured above happens to be in MY collection. Please visit Sue's blog to see her wonderful dolls and read her encouraging and inspirational blogs!
Six Things that Make Me Happy
1. My Favorite Grand Daughter (I only have one)
2. My Children and Family
3. Friends Who Know Me and Love Me Anyway
5. smells that bring back pleasant memories
6. that you took the time to read my little blog
I Am Tagging
* Sherry at Got Art!
In celebration of her birthday, I am sending her a little something every day this week. The first offering (Monday) is this little "birthday bird". He is made from paper clay with a foil and wire armature. He is gessoed and painted with acrylics, then finished with a clear gloss glaze. He is ready for the party with his fanciful party hat and reminds Ianna that her "10th birthday is almost here!"
The Tuesday offering is a mini "happy birthday collage" on canvas featuring Ianna when she was just 3 years old. Such a cutie!!!
When I was visiting Penny last month she asked me to make her a fairy...I am sure she is not expecting it in this millennium. Penny's birthday is June 21st. She will be 58. The fairy will be her birthday present.
Here is my WIP...struggling with the hands...but just about ready to start to paint her.