Monday, June 8, 2009

Where Have I Been?

First there was the trip to Sacramento / San Francisco. Then I was SICK! Well, it started with me being progressively more tired each day....pain between my shoulder blades on my back...pain in my upper chest...couldn't walk more than several steps without finding myself "breathless". Finally went to the doctor...diagnosis..."silent reflux" associated with my hiatal hernia.
"A hernia occurs when one part of the body protrudes through a gap or
opening into another part. A hiatal hernia forms at the opening in your
diaphragm where your food pipe (esophagus) joins your stomach. Part of the
stomach pushes through this opening causing a hiatal hernia.
Most small hiatal hernias don't cause problems, and you may never know you have a hiatal hernia unless your doctor discovers it when checking for another condition. But a large hiatal hernia can allow food and acid to back up into your esophagus,
leading to heartburn and chest pain."

My doctor prescribed medication and I am feeling MUCH better now. My doctor also ordered an echo cardiogram, which I completed last week, to make sure nothing was going on with my heart. I will get the results this week.

I regret being away for so long...but I'm back!!! I did manage to be creative through it all. I will share in my next post.

Stay Creative!

Lezlei

3 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

oh dear! I'm glad you saw a doctor and are on the mend again. Take very good care of yourself until you are 100 % again

Sue said...

Lezlei, I was just about to shoot off an email, I've missed your blog posts!

I'm glad that the doc found out what was giving you so much misery and that medication is helping - sending warm wishes from Canada for a complete recovery!

Hugs,

Sherry Goodloe said...

Ok, now I'm upset . . . why in the heck did I have to read about this HERE?!*(@_+! My cell phone is still in service. urrrrrrgh