Thursday, August 27, 2009

Use Your Head...Great Idea!!!

Grab your keys and head to the craft store and make a beeline to the Halloween section (which amazingly is already on sale to make room for the Thanksgiving items) and grab all the skulls you can!

There is a wonderful article by Linda Hansen in the October edition of "Doll Crafter & Costuming" magazine (I KNOW I have magazines issues!) page 20, "Use Your Head - Plastic skulls found in craft stores made a great base on which to sculpt a head". DUH!!! I should have thought of that!!!
The article shows you step by step how it's done. And get this! Linda uses beads for the eyes! I think this is a great idea for novice sculptors like me!
I will let you know how it goes!!
Stay Creative!
Lezlei

1 comment:

Sue said...

Very cool idea! Does she recommend air drying clay? I'm thinking the plastic skulls may deform from the heat of polymer clay curing.

Hugs,