Friday, February 6, 2009

Never Leave Home Without It!!!

I will try not to make this too long a story...

I probably haven't mentioned that I am a IT Project Manager (the real job). In May of 2008, I moved from sunny CA to humid Texas in search for gold (affordable real estate). God's plan and timing is just a little different than mine...I am totally with that...His plan and timing are always better!

As it happened, the gold is still within reach, but in the meantime I am living with my 75 year old Mom and my 93 year old grandmother and providing support they need currently as they recover from a stroke and surgery, respectively. There is no place I'd rather be than helping them.

I work from home which is a real blessing for this circumstance. There are caregivers coming and going all week long to handle personal care, physical and occupational therapy, as well as weekly nurse visits. All that to say...I don't get out much.
So Thursday after work (I keep a strict schedule), I went wandering not to far from home to Agatha's Antiques and fell upon the most romantic scene!!! I said ROMANTIC!

A young man had orchestrated a proposal at Agatha's Antiques! Why Agatha's? As it turns out the couple collects bottles and they purchased their first Dr Pepper bottle at Agatha's shop! The young man had advised the owners of what he planned to do. He placed a Dr Pepper bottle near the rear of the store. He tied a string around the bottle which his "intended" followed to a small white box with a ring in it. The answer was YES!!!

Now wouldn't it be lovely if I had pictures to show you...WELL I DON'T because my camera was left at home once again and I missed this beautiful photo-op. What is worse, they didn't have a camera either!

So from this moment forward (lol), me and my Sony cybershot 5.1 megapixel camera with 3x optical lens are ONE. I will never leave home without it again!!!

But I did get some shopping done...

Look at this loot...waiting to embellish a dolly!

I also found this little silver plated dish...
Don't they look good together while they wait for a dolly?

I also found this New Amsterdam Silver Co quadruple plated
footed creamer #617 that will be great to hold some do-dads.

Here are some more perspectives of the creamer.

Well...these 2 knob plates are headed for the rust bin
to get good and rusty for a project!

I hope your day is full of wonderful creations!



4 comments:

Sue said...

What a lovely story (and I know that experience of not having your camera with you!). Great treasures too! Thanks for sharing!

*smiles*

Sue

Sherry Goodloe said...

I just love a good love story :) What I DON'T love, is ever being without my camera. I'm glad to read that you and your camera are a "couple" now. HA!

Terri said...

Fantastic treasures!!! Love your play list too! I may have to add a few to mine! Right now the black coffee song is on...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway!

I have to now explore more of your blog....:)

Pretty Things said...

LOVE the knob plates!

(Now gimme.)