Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shhh...No Bloomers!

Here is my latest Shakespeare Challenge update...

Here is ridiculous looking Pettrucio. He still needs shoes and appropriate waistline treatment.
Here is tumultuous Kate. She still needs wigging and the decorative trim placed (glued) on the top of her bodice and sleeves. I made her dress without a pattern. It was kind of "sew as you go". I even managed to place some boning in the bodice. The bodice should be fitted much tighter. Next time I will do a cloth doll...it will be easier to fit this style of clothing.

Shhh...Kate doesn't have bloomers yet! Since her bloomers will not be featured in the photos I submit, I decided to finish them after I submit my entry.
Good news...I thought it was due on Monday. It is actually due Wednesday (tomorrow). I will submit this evening. Whew! I am glad I decided to participate.
Stay Creative!


Sheryl Parsons said...

This is quite a project you took on! Looking good!

Sue said...

Lezlei, they are both wonderful! You did a great job on the costuming (I often sew as I go, especially with the smaller figures). Good for you, being so recent to ADO for completing not one but two pieces! You put me to shame (I just could not get my piece finished)

Lezlei Ann Young said...

Sheryl and Sue...thanks for the encouragement! I am almost there...wigging is done (but we're having a bad hair day. Dress is finished. A couple of things left to do for Pettrucio.

Sue...I was looking at your dolls on ADO today and decided that I should ask you if you knew a class I might take to improve my sculpting skills.


Sherry Goodloe said...

I am just always blown away with your natural artistic talent Lezlei! Quilts, dolls, collages . . .

I LOVE everything you have ever created! You're just awesome!

Sherry Goodloe said...

It's me again with a (strong) suggestion. I think you should submit Bernice to Art Doll Quarterly for publication. I can almost guarantee you that she will be published!