Saturday, January 31, 2009

Creativity Preparedness

I was busy on Friday evening creating backgrounds for Saturday's creative efforts. The first is a collage of scrapbook paper on a 12 x 12 piece of wood. The next is acrylics and charcoal on a 11 x 14 canvas "a la" "Taking Flight". On the last piece above I used gel to attach a sheet of tissue paper to an 11 x 14 canvas.











Then I decided to repurpose some additional pages from the latest phone book! I also repurposed some plastic bags by placing 8 layers between 2 pieces of paper and ironing until they melted together as seen in the January / Februaty edition of "Cloth Paper, Scissors" magazine. Not sure what that is going to turn out to be.

Stay Creative!

2 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

Those backgrounds are FAB-U-LOUS Lezlei!! I like the idea of having several backgrounds "ready" for whenever that art-filled "ah HA!" moment occurs.

PS "Never would have made it" is one of my favorite songs we sing in Church! Of course I don't sound like Marvin Sapp's background singers, but HEY, God knows my heart right? :)

Edrian said...

Great work! Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway. I have tagged you!